What are the languages of instruction?

The majority of programs are provided in Russian language. There are several programs available in English language. The instruction for Tatar philology also includes some parts in Tatar language.

To see a full list of programs, please visit Academics.

To see a full list of fees, please visit Tuition fees.


What is included in the tuition fee?

Only educational services. Medical checkups, medical insurance, dormitory, and everyday expenses are not included.


What are the application deadlines in 2021?

Applications are accepted until 12 August 2021.


When will entrance exams be held in 2021?

Three waves of entrance exams for international students are planned in 2021:

14 to 21 June;

12 to 25 July;

16 to 23 August.


What are the entry dates for those who have successfully enrolled?

The entry dates for those who enroll in September start from 15 August. They may vary from year to year.

The entry dates for those who enroll in the Preparatory School program in February start from 5 February.

Please note that in 2021, the dates may be shifted to a later period because of the COVID-19 restrictions.


Are there tuition scholarships for international students?

Yes, there is a federal tuition scholarship program for international students. Please see the Education in Russia website for more information.

Please note that scholarships are only available for some programs, depending on the year. Importantly, programs with English-language instruction are not supported by scholarships.

More information (in Russian) on our Admissions website.


My recruiting agent has said that there are quotas (limitations) for students from some countries who apply for paid (fee-based) programs?

There are only general quotas (total number of admissions). There are no quotas for paid programs for specific countries. All applications are treated equally in accordance with our admission regulations.

Please see our list of accredited recruiting agencies.


My recruiting agent has said that I can speed up the registration process if I pay additional money. Is this true?

No. There is no way to speed up the registration process.

Please see our list of accredited recruiting agencies.


My recruiting agent has requested additional payments for a student ID and a library fee.

No payment is required for a student ID.

There are no library fees at Kazan Federal University.


Can I pass my entrance exams online?

In 2021, entrance exams for international students will be conducted online.


What are the minimum marks required to pass entrance exams in the university?

This is the list if minimal required scores.


My Internet connection is not great. What if it fails during an entrance exam? Can I retake an exam in this case?

If your Internet connection fails during an exam, you can reconnect within 5 minutes. If you are unable to do that, your exam will be scored in accordance with your answers at the time of disconnect. You will not be able to make a second attempt at the exam. Please make sure that your Internet connection is absolutely stable.


Am I exempt from entrance exams if I have successfully completed the Preparatory School program at Kazan Federal University?

No one is exempt from entrance exams. Whether you have completed a preparatory school program at KFU or any other Russian university, or none at all, you have to go through entrance exams.


Do I need to obtain a new student visa after successfully completing the Preparatory School and applying to enroll in a next-level program?

Under those circumstances, you do not need a new student visa if you completed an official preparatory school course (подготовительный факультет) at a public university. Please note that not all Russian language courses are equivalent to a preparatory school. You have to confirm this with your university before you enroll.


I have enrolled in the three-semester Preparatory School program. After studying for one semester, I think I am good enough in Russian language to enter the university in September? Is this allowed?

No. You must complete your full program at the Preparatory School if you want to enroll in a next-level program.


Do I need to provide a Russian language proficiency certificate to be eligible for admission?

You do not need to provide a language certificate. If you enroll in a Russian-language program, your language skills will be evident during entrance exams.


Do I need to provide an English language proficiency certificate to be eligible for admission to an English-language program?

You do not need to provide a language certificate. If you enroll in an English-language program, your language skills will be evident during entrance exams.


Where can I find entrance exam materials to prepare?

Programs of entrance exams in Russian language:

Undergraduate programs (bachelor and specialist);

Graduate programs (master);

PhD programs.

Programs of entrance exams in English language are available for biology and chemistry (general medicine and dentistry entrance exams) here.


May I transfer to your university from another Russian university?

Yes, you may. To do that, you must pass through all the necessary transfer exams, depending on your study program.

To transfer to a paid program, you may need to exit the Russian Federation and obtain a new student visa, depending on the time of your application for transfer.

To transfer within a Russian Government Scholarship program, you won’t need to obtain a new student visa.


May I transfer to your university from a university in another country?

Yes, if our university agrees to accept you based on your information. The specifics and procedures of your transfer must be discussed individually. Please write your request to the institute of faculty that you intend to enroll in.

See a full list of our academic units here.


What is tuition fee prepayment?

All programs require a prepayment of one-year tuition (in some cases it may be less) for you to receive an invitation. The prepayment is only made if you have passed the entrance exams successfully.


I live very far from a Russian consulate or embassy. May I provide a simple notarized translation of my educational and personal documents into Russian language from a local translation agency?

Yes, you may provide a notarized translation from a translation agency.


I found a specialization that interests me, but there is no such specialization in the online application form. What’s the problem here?

Kazan Federal University has three campuses – in Kazan, Yelabuga, and Naberezhnye Chelny. The online application form covers only the Kazan Campus.

To apply to one of the two other campuses, please write an e-mail:

Yelabuga Institute – elabuga@kpfu.ru;

Naberezhnye Chelny Institute – chelny@kpfu.ru.


Am I allowed to work in Russia with a student visa?

You may work part-time with a student visa. No additional permits are needed. Please note that the Preparatory School (подготовительный факультет) visa is not a student visa and does not give you the right of employment.


What is the dormitory like? Which services are available there?

Please visit the official website of the Universiade Village to know about the dormitories.


What are the documents I should submit at enrollment?

Each international student’s profile shall contain the following documents:

  1. Notarized translation of the document of education – original
  2. Notarized translation of the passport – copy
  3. Russian visa – copy
  4. Migration registration – copy (if any)
  5. Enrollment consent (signed original, downloaded from your profile at “Budu studentom” social and educational network)
  6. Application for participation at the selection procedures (signed original, downloaded from your profile at “Budu studentom” social and educational network)
  7. Personal data processing consent (downloaded document might be obtained at your Dean’s Office or at the Academic support unit of the KFU International office when submitting the documents)
  8. Preparatory School certificate – copy


Will I be able to get the original of any document from my profile during the studies?

Yes, you will.  For this you are to fill in the application form, get it signed by the Head of the Academic support unit and present it at Room B of the International Office.


Where can I get the studies confirmation certificate?

– You can get the studies confirmation certificate at your Dean’s Office. The certificates are issued in the Russian language. In case you need the confirmation in the English language you might do the translation yourself according to our template and send it to RinRZagidullina@kpfu.ru ,  EkVRepina@kpfu.ru for verification (together with the original in Russian). In case you need a letter that would be presented to the Embassy, you may get it from the Academic support unit of the KFU International Office by sending a request to education@kpfu.ru.


If I have government scholarship-based studies and I am currently undertaking the procedures to obtain Russian citizenship, would the change of citizenship influence my studies status?

-If you have government scholarship-based studies and get Russian citizenship, it will not influence your academic status.


Will my academic achievements (grades) influence the amount of the stipend I get?

-No. All international students having government scholarship-based studies are to get the fixed amount of stipend every month.


Will I have a chance of obtaining extra stipend?

-Yes, as every Institute has its own quota for the extra stipend for excellence demonstrated by its students in one of the various categories: studies, research, social activities, cultural activities and sports. For further details please come in contact with the Dean’s Office of your Institute.

Your account

Об университете
Наука и инновации
Международная деятельность
Университет и общество
Академическая мобильность
Общежития КФУ
Стипендии и социальная поддержка
Спорт и здоровый образ жизни
Медико – профилактическая работа
Психологическая служба
Профком студентов
Работа и карьера
Общественные объединения
Поступление иностранных граждан
Общая информация
Бюджет или контракт?
Бакалавриат/Специалитет на русском языке
Магистратура на русском языке
Управление инновациями
Продукты и услуги
Инновационная инфраструктура
Малые инновационные предприятия
Курсы и выставки
Трудоустройство студентов
Вакансии КФУ
Карьерные возможности
Корпоративная культура
Медиа-портал КФУ
Телеканал «Универ»
Газета «Дарелфанун»
Газета «Казанский университет»
Layer 1 Layer 1